Friday, July 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz - there's really no place like home!

After spending 4 days in hospital last weekend undergoing radiation, I've never been so glad to be home. Although I had a room with a view over the escarpment overlooking Wollongong and the beach it was very lonely. My only visitors were the nurses to bring my food. Worst of all, THERE WAS NO INTERNET and no phone and the TV didn't work. Lucky I took my mobile phone so was able to call Russ and the girls while I was incarcerated!

This is the view from my window: as you can see I had a bird's eye view of the helicopter landing pad. Such a busy place - 4 helicopters landing with patients in one day!



Looking on the bright side however .... I read the novel I took from cover to cover, watched all the DVD's on my laptop that I brought and sewed up 4 new bears ready for the TBACA Spring Challenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment