Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Show is Open!!!!

Hi everyone - what a fantastic day! Well actually, the weather in my part of the world is pretty lousy: dark clouds, heavy rain and cold - hope the weather is better where you are.

I'm so glad to announce that the 3rd annual ACD (Australian Creative Design) Awards Show has now begun!



There are so many lovely entries this year - our theme was Beatrix Potter, and you'll see how talented and imaginative everyone has been!

Please do try and find the time to drop by www.bearartistsonline.com and follow the show links.

Oh, and don't forget - you still have time to vote in the People's Choice competition. The winner is announced on Saturday 4th June, so hurry and get your votes in!

My entry this year is NUTBUSH, a modern take on Beatrix's Squirrel Nutkin! Hope you like him. We had to challenge ourselves with this show - Nutbush certainly challenged me - a totally different pattern and facial features than what I have been used to with my bears, plus leather claws (which I've never done before - a big thank you to my friend Linda Benson of Benson Bears for showing me how it's done!)

1 comment:

  1. hello Margaret,
    i love your NUTBUSH, she has a beautiful and calm facial expression, mine is sitting next to you at the ACD show page :)
    hehe is Miss Potter.
    enjoy the show.
    cheers,
    susana
    p.s. i start my new claws on bears also with Linda B. sharing, she is so generous...

    ReplyDelete