Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Wishes!!

Well as you can see, it's been a while since I posted anything here on my blog. Not from want of intention: purely because I've been very busy creating new bears, both for sale and quite a few custom orders at the tail end of year, and I'd like to introduce you to them all: Cherish: is my latest commision piece. A 9" girlie fairy panda made as a keepsake for a gorgeous 2 year old little girl for Christmas. Like all my bears, Cherish was hand-sewn using the most exquisite long pile mohair in white and contrasted with hand-dyed mohair in a rich watermelon colour (dyed by the wonderful Valma Bolton at Teddy's Bits Her custom English glass eyes are in slate grey, copper and silver with a cheeky bit of sparkle, and on this bear I used my first ever attempt at baked clay noses!!! What do you think? I'm pretty happy with the way she turned out, and I'm loving the flexibility that clay offers you - will be doing a lot more practising on more upcoming bears, so watch out for them!
I also didn't realise that I hadn't introduced you all to Captain Aramis Rex - a swashbuckling fellow who's ready to sail the Seven Seas!!! Another commission piece as a mascot for a dear friend of mine who owns a racing yacht on Sydney Harbour - hence the maritime theme bear!
And last but not least, there's Lulu: a flamboyant, French floozie, flirty kind of girl measuring 14". Her fuschia coloured satin top hat has been hand crafted by me, and decorated with lots of flounces, pearls and other pieces of whimsical jewellery!
I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish you - my friends, family, wonderful collectors and blog followers a joyous and peaceful festive season with your loved ones - Nikkel Bears will have new bears on offer in the New Year so I'll be back here again soon! Take care, Hugs, Marg xx

No comments:

Post a Comment