Sunday, May 6, 2012

Melbourne Teddy Bear Fair - a preview!

Hi everyone - as some of you know, I've been away from home for a few weeks in Phuket, Thailand which was absolutely bliss!!! This meant no work, no answering phones, no planning and cooking meals after work, no washing or ironing (yuk!) and beautiful warm and humid weather. It was lovely to enjoy summer weather, at least for a couple of weeks - we seemed to miss out on summer here in my part of the world this year. Of course, the break away meant a hiatus away from my beloved bear making - although I did manage to stash a couple of cut out bears into my bag to sew up while I was away. Those little bears are from my newly developed pattern, and they will be making their debut this Sunday (6th May) at the Melbourne Teddy Bear Fair in Berwick, Victoria.
These little pandas are Asian-inspired, as you can tell from their custom-accessories which are all hand made by me - what a lot of fun that was! I rather like designing little hats for my bears that are different and quirky! I thought I'd show you a little sneak peek right here on my blog - I hope you like them. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment here. For those of you who will be in Melbourne this weekend, please drop by to say hello. The venue for the show is the Berwick Leisure Centre, 79 Manuka Road, Berwick, Victoria - doors open at 10am until 4pm and all traders tables are sold out! It's going to be a fantastic show - I can't wait - I'm here in Melbourne and just about to leave for the show! Hope to see you there!!!

2 comments:

  1. hope you had a great show margaret. I was going to do this show however my daughter just turned 21 so I went to visit her hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Margaret... Just love these little guys :0) Hope you have a great day at the show.

    Hugs
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete